First Dry Port
Investment Size $ 13.1 million
SOURCE OF FINANCING:
- development of a modern dry port - terminal facility in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
- Operating a container and bulk cargo terminal of choice in Uzbekistan, providing modern, efficient, environmentally conscious, safe, and secure services.
Works undertaken by WFC
- Preparing all application documentation as requested by IFI
- Preparing financial projection models, business plans and all other project related documentation
- Consulting the Company on appropriate financial and legal structuring of the Project
- Organizing and facilitating financial and legal due diligence processes
- Facilitating term-sheet and loan agreement negotiations
- Coordinating all other issues related to project development and fund raising
- Project Size: $ 26.3 million
- Phase 1 development plan entails the construction of 70,000 TEU Container terminal, 10,500 TEU Customs Terminal and 1,750 TEU Container Freight Station (stuffing/unstuffing of containers).
- Loan Sought: $ 13.1 million
- Equity Invested: $ 13.2 million
- Expected Revenue: $ 4 million
- Expected EBITDA: $ 2.1 million
- Expected IRR: 18%
- This project contributes towards the development of logistics infrastructure of Uzbekistan, which is the vital component for its economic growth.
- Local financial sources are unable to match the tenor and grace period requirements for the infrastructure development projects. The mentioned senior loan product will support FDP and the country of Uzbekistan to develop a modern dry port terminal facility equipped with the up-to-date machinery and terminal operation/cargo-tracking software.
- Increased trading capacity of the country
- Creation of permanent local jobs